This Waldorf-ish salad is a wonderful blend of sweet and savoury flavours. I served this on a bed of boston lettuce but can just as easily make a perfectly delicious sandwich or wrap. Enjoy it for lunch or a dinner side.
8 oz. cooked turkey, diced
1 cup of apple (diced, skin on)
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1/2 cup cucumber, remove seeds, leave skin
1 1/2 oz. walnuts (or pecans)
2 tbsp. mayo
2 tbsp. plain yogurt
1 tbsp. real maple syrup
1 tsp. horseradish
1 tsp. dijon mustard
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place turkey, apple, onions, nuts and cucumber in a bowl.
2. Squeeze lemon juice over the salad and mix.
3. Make the dressing by whisking together the mayo, yogurt, maple syrup and horseradish until smooth.
4. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine.
5. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, to taste.
I used fresh turkey but deli roasted will work. Adjust the dressing ingredients if you prefer a little more sweet or savoury. You can use whatever nuts you like, pecans are delicious. You may also use roasted nuts.