10 Minute Skor Bars (4 ingredients)

10 Minute Skor Bars (4 ingredients)

Hey guys!  Any of my moms getting tired of keeping up with all the baking?   My creative food brain has come to halt.  Healthy lunches, healthy snacks, field trip snacks and party day snacks.  Seems like my child’s whole year was one big snack!

Oh, what to make today?

To make it even more fun, there’s the bake sales and the year-end get parties.  Have you been baking your heart out all through the school year?  My child loves to volunteer me for 100 day (yesssss, she did!  100 cupcakes!!!) snacks  but that’s a whole other story.  Let’s talk about this super easy and delicious SKOR Bar recipe.  This is going to be your saving grace 😉

Why is this SKOR Bar recipe going to save you?  Well …

think…

• year-end bake sales:  10 minutes and done (I am talking preparing and sales).
  • special party treats:  peanut free and full of sugar!  yummy right?
  • teacher gifts:  your child’s favorite teacher will love these SKOR Bars as a year-end gift.
  • say I love you:  what child isn’t going to love a SKOR Bar on their lunch?  Food love 😉
  • mommy:  these amazing treats will save your sanity.  Nibble away!

Here’s all you will need to make this recipe:

• Soda Crackers – SURPRISE!!!
  • Butter
  • Brown Sugar
  • Milk Chocolate Chips

Instructions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Butter a baking sheet and line with crackers.
  3. In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter, adding the brown sugar.
  4. Bring it to a boil and continue to boil for 2 minutes, while stirring.
  5. Pour mixture over the crackers.
  6. Bake for 8 minutes in the oven.
  7. Remove and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the crackers while hot.
  8. Spread the chocolate evenly.
  9. Cool and break into pieces.

Do you have an easy go-to cookie or bar recipe that comes in handy?  I’d love for you to share it with us in the comments below.

10 Minute Skor Bars (4 Ingredients)

Delicous and simple 4 ingredient Skor Bars made with soda crackers, butter, brown sugar and chocolate chips.

• Prep Time: 2m
  • Cook Time: 8m
  • Total Time: 10m

Ingredients

• 1 c butter
  • 1 c brown sugar
  • 1 sleeve crackers (Chrisitie Premium Plus/Soda Crackers)
  • 1 bag of milk chocolate chips
  • slivered almonds (optional)

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Melt butter and sugar together.
  3. Bring to a rolling boil and cook for 2 minutes, while stirring.
  4. Put a layer of crackers on a buttered baking sheet
  5. Pour the butter/sugar mixture over crackers and bake in for 8 minutes.
  6. Remove from the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top while hot.
  7. Spread the chocolate evenly.
  8. Allow to cool before breaking into pieces.

Share on Facebook11Share on Yummly0Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest19Share on Google+0Share on LinkedIn0Buffer this pageEmail this to someone

Tagged .

I'm Dawn, chief cook and bottle washer here at Taste of Yum. Creating healthy meals that my whole family will love, is my thing. Keeping it real with wholesome ingredients and managing a happy balance (yes, that means treats too). Healthy starts in the kitchen. Also a busy mom, Certified Kid's Nutritionist and Foodie.

124 comments

1. Senka says:
    Hi, We’ve recently launched the website Mytaste.com. It’s a search engine that gathers all the best recipes from US websites and blogs in one place. Mytaste.com is part of the world’s second largest family of recipe sites, with sites in 37 countries and hundreds of thousands of visitors every week. We’ve noticed that you have a lot of great looking recipes on your blog that we would love to feature on our site. To read more about how it all works and to sign up with your blog, please visit: http://mytaste.com or send us an email on info@mytaste.com. We look forward to hearing from you! Kind regards, Senka Site Manager
  2. debalino says:
    These look DEELISH! I'm a big sugar cookie fan as far as holiday baking. But that's probably because that's all I'm confident enough to bake. This looks amazing, and I have a feeling I could make this! You make it looks so easy. And my husband would love me! :)
    • Dawn says:
      Oh, I make shortbread, it's my mom and grandmother's recipe. I usually box them up for teacher gifts too! The almond bark is pretty darn good but I do like the balance of a not so sweet treat too!
  3. nomnombearinyvr says:
    That looks amazing! It's like homemade almond roca! I've made something similar but with a graham cracker base, but everything else is the same.
  4. Angela Mitchell says:
    I've never tried making Almond bark before but I loved it the few times I've tried it. I'm going to have to make it this year - it looks pretty easy:)
  5. ginette4 says:
    What soda crackers..for real..sounds interesting and I have all these ingredients..I have to try this..no one will ever guess soda crackers…I make cookies with potato chips so why not! lol
  6. prairiebelle says:
    Thank you for sharing. This is perfect for the holidays and even nice for gift giving in a mason jar with ribbon (my neighbors will be happy)
  7. Lee-Ann says:
    Every year I say I am going to make this.... your recipe seems like I can! Love when others make this, would really like to do it myself. Cheers!
  8. Elizabeth Matthiesen says:
    Do you think this would work with walnuts instead of almonds? Almonds were always mum's favourite but I'm not keen on them - well only as marzipan :-)
  9. Erika E says:
    I can't wait to try this. You had my interest when you said it tastes like Skor bars! I like how few ingredients are required. That usually determines whether I try a recipe or not. Long ingredient lists make me shy away.
  10. Krista M says:
    I have never heard of using soda crackers before~ that's an innovative idea! This would be a nice treat to put out over the holidays. The chocolate on top looks so good!
  11. Aeryn Lynne says:
    WHUT! Soda Crackers?? Really?! LOL, I would have never have guessed that as part of the recipe. I'm such a huge addict for Skor bars, so I can't wait to try this recipe out, thanks for the inspiration! <3
  12. Lisa says:
    You mentioned that you put the skor bars in the freezer, for how long can you freeze them and does it change the texture or taste, thanks.
    • Dawn says:
      Hi Lisa, I mentioned allowing to cool because you want the caramel and chocolate to be set but I have put them in the freezer for Christmas and they were fine. Taste and texture wise. Thanks for stopping by!
  13. Lacey says:
    These look amazing! I am excited to try them out for Christmas goodies! How long do they last? Whether I put them in the freezer or not? Thanks!!
    • Dawn says:
      Hi Lacey, thanks for stopping by! Haha if you can get them to last past an hour, I will be surprised. They will last the week without freezing and in the freezer they are good for a month I would say. I hope that helps.
  14. Chris says:
    I'm am having trouble finding the recipe could you pls let me know the basic directions. I can see the ingredients and measurements. After seeing the reviews I'm so excited to try it. Thank you
    • Dawn Trudeau says:
      Hi Karen, the crackers do not dissolve but become part of the candy. The photo is using the best looking pieces of candy because it doesn't look all that neat. It's super delicious and easy to make. Give it a try and let me know what you think. ps... I do throw in almonds sometimes because I love nuts!
  15. CLK says:
    Your recipe states to use soda crackers, but the photo shows saltines. those are two completely different things, which do you actually use?
  16. Caroline says:
    I expected the toffee to be soft, but mine was hard and sugary. Is it supposed to be like this, of did I do something wrong?! When I put the sugar layer over the saltine crackers, I was afraid it would become soggy, but when it cools it crisps up nicely.